The Technical Safety Engineer will fulfil a lead Process Safety Engineer (PSE) role and will be expected to
execute process safety activities for multiple projects across different geographies, both locally and abroad.
Provides technical expertise to evaluate risks and cost-effectively resolve process safety issues, including
recommendations from various reviews such as PHAs, HAZOPs, safety audits, and incident investigations.
Facilitation of various safety and risk reviews for internal and external clients.
Come join us and make a positive contribution to a more Sustainable World!
• Facilitate Safety/Risk studies using an appropriate selection of methodologies and collate reports and
findings – strong writing and oral skills is a MUST.
• Access quality cost-effective solutions during risk assessments to ensure optimum risk design within
acceptable risk parameters.
• Analyse Major Hazard Installation (MHI) as per regulations and advise on compliance.
• Provide guidance and assurance on PSM aspects as well as Recognised and Generally Accepted Good
Engineering Practices (ISA, NFPA; ISO; BS etc.)
• Provide input into the design, development, and maintenance of process safety management systems.
• Facilitate incident investigations and assist in the compilation of incident reports.
• Deliver quality engineering deliverables to clients and other disciplines.
• Ensure project schedules and work plans are adhered to.
• Work closely with other disciplines and aspire to support and achieve the goals of the Client.
• Ensure engineering innovation, optimisation and strategies are implemented and enforced to the
advantage of our partners
• BSC Chemical Engineering degree – Similar engineering degree with a STRONG Process Safety
background is also acceptable.
• Registered with ECSA – advantage.
• 7 to 10 years of Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and/or Energy Industry experience – at least 5 years in a
senior position in process safety engineering/management.
• Strong background in Process Safety Management and the wider Health Safety and Environment (HSE)
management – postgraduate qualification or proven experience will be an advantage.
• Formal HAZOP facilitation training through a reputable institution (eg. CAIA Risk Based Process Safety
Management I and II OR IChemE HAZOP Leadership and Management).
• Experience in various process safety tools/methodologies including but not limited to: Layer of Protection
Analysis (LOPA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Bowties etc.
• Consequence modelling experience – PHAST/In:Flux or similar.
• Likelihood assessment experience – Familiar with failure data, and event trees.
• Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) experience.
• Fire and Gas Mapping experience – wish.
• Proficient in interpreting technical documents such as PFDs, P&IDs, Cause, and Effects charts, RAT
lists etc., that is required for various process safety activities/studies.
• Technically proficient in all areas of Process Safety Management and relevant areas of loss prevention
• A good grounding in process safety and consequence analysis in a Major Hazard Installation (MHI)
• Good knowledge of applicable local and international best practices, design codes, standards, and
• Strong knowledge of safety & protection systems applications and implementation (prevention and
• Facilitator (e.g. HAZOP, HAZID, SIL, and LOPA).
• Fluent knowledge of English - Intermediate knowledge of the local language preferred.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to time management and prioritise tasks into different reporting structures (line vs project)
• Quality and detail driven
• Self-starter and able to work independently.
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work under pressure.